Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Samstag, 5. Februar 2011

"Black Death" with Sean Bean

Just saw "Black Death", good movie, but very dark. If you expect chivalry, the heroe fighting a dozen enemies single-handedly and a happy ending, this is the wrong movie for you.

Except Sean Bean all the actors were, at least to me, unknown, but they did a really good job at being a rag-tag bunch of soldiers. The well chosen location (English forests, as well as German ones, can be creepy) was essential to the athmosphere, but as I said very dark and the whole movie was dead serious.

The movie reminded me of "The Name of the Rose" (which is of course in a higher league) in its grim portrayal of early medieval England.

At last I have to say, that Sean Bean everytime strikes me as a fantastic actor and I'm really looking forward to seeing him in the "Game of Thrones" show on HBO.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen